Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Mini Street Dance Festival

Attended another dance workshop, this time by Urban Groove in KL. Wow... I am really travelling around to learn dance (cool). More details goto: http://danzityproductions.blogspot.com/2008/09/mini-street-dance-festival-2008.html

Melvin Jansen Ang from Philipine was in town with his team of instructors to teach some of the classes. It was encouraging to me to meet up with him again. Often he leaves me inspired to continue dancing... no matter what style.

The workshop covered the technique, foundational moves and some choreography. So I enrolled for New Style Hip Hop (a.k.a Hip Hop Lyrical).... and so did the girls from my church; JC and Jo. Would have loved to go for Krumping and Electric Boogalo (popping)... but next time-lah. My right arm is still healing from muscle strain... like I'm resting it (yeah right!!).

What I learned from this workshop, lots... because it's preparing me for the December Creative Arts Boot Camp in Penang and whatever else the Lord opens up for me. Why???.... I have been asked to teach hip hop... what's why!! Thanks to my street dance instructors Albert Chuah, Sean Loh and Melvin Ang; I'm learning from them on warm-up, technique and foundations of hip hop. All this knowledge will be used in December for a 6 hour workshop to teach kids from 7 yrs to 17 yrs old. On top of that, they will be performing at the last day of camp to the public. So for those of you who know me well... you know the state of my heart and nerves (ha ha ha...).

No matter what happens, I must alway remember to depend on Him.

No comments: