Sunday, October 12, 2008

My First Warm-up session



From my last entry, I was pulled in to conduct a warm-up session before participants from my Company and about 100 kids started their hike up to Pantai Kerachut. Nervous as usual with my butterflies.... :P

Praise God for awesome weather... clear sunny skies. We were worried for the safety of the students (about 100 of them) and our volunteers in the event of rain.


After my colleague completed her set of warm up... then it was my turn - stretching. Starting with head rolls to shoulder rolls then to Melvin's style to stretching the upper body. Added in Albert's side to side 'tai-chi' like move to full circular. The kids and adults enjoyed the last move as I told to move as gracefully and gentle like turtles. Got carried away… song finished before I could do the legs (ha ha ha)… no matter, I did a quick stretch for legs and it was over.




Volunteers in black and students in red and green.




Targeting the hip and back.


Frankly, my nervousness left when I saw the kids following my moves. Meaning I was getting my message though. They enjoyed the move from Albert’s class…felt like flying (ha ha ha). Main thing is having fun-lah, relax and don’t stress! During the time at Pantai Kerachut was more of relaxing and MC-ing with my colleague... it was fun seeing how the turtles are being kept alive and going.






2 comments:

enn@j said...

Hey Stel!

I didn't know you blog too! Welcome to the blogsphere :)

Buttercup said...

Hee hee...;)