Sunday, December 07, 2008

Well it's been ages since I wrote... been busy with finishing the choreography for the St. Pauls C reative Arts Boot Camp... happening this Wednesday, 10-Dec. I should be nervous and all but I know my God is an awesome God, He is with me all the way. He has given me a peace within... saying "it'll be ok... it'll be ok".

1st song is for the 8yr to 11 yr old kids... "Every move I make" and the second song "Angels Medley (Cut)" for the 12yr to 17yr old kids.... or should I say "Youths". Originally it was suppose to be max @ 40, but the last I heard, it's a of total 60 kids to teach.. (WAH!!).

Choreographing these two song has not been easy as I needed to prepare alternatives. Why??...well, I have never met these kids before nor do I know their level in dance. I always keep in mind to keep it as simple as possible. Reason being... they have less than 3 days to learn it up and present it during their Christmas presentation @ New World Park. Had many debates with JC and it only set in her brain much much later that they were to perform the two piece in public... then only she understand my stress (ha ha ha). JC is a great friend, being in Children Ministry was be able to help gage if the younger kids could do the step. Of course I do not under estimate that the kids would be able to do tougher moves like BBoy... seen some on YouTube (ouch!).

Another surprise... God has His timing; Melvin Janson Ang is back in Malaysia and coming into Penang today (8-Dec) to give classes. For him being around is a big PLUS as I have learnt so much everytime he has been in Penang and in KL. Not only new dance moves but the attitude towards dance. Often I can hear him say... "don't worry about the choreo, but just move with the beat and have fun". I have to remember to "have fun" while teaching, else I stress myself out (ha ha ha... analysis paralysis).

Ok... will update more later!! Ta!

No comments: